PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Friday, May 7, 2010

Birthday Book

So, I mentioned this guy a few posts back and have just gotten around to editing and posting it.
Now that I'm making a bunch more cards, I need a place to write down everyone's birthday so I don't forget. I could carry around a wallet sized calendar but then each year you have to re-write all the birthdays. So, I came up with a better solution that I have dubbed the "Birthday Book".


Papertrey Ink came out with a set last month that included the die for these pages, the die for the tabs, and a coordinating stamp set. (The birthday book label and stamp is also from Papertrey Ink.) So, I created the front and back cover out of chipboard and covered them with patterned paper. Then, each month has two pages with patterned paper and a lined piece that is numbered according to the days in the month. You can see what I'm talking about here:

I used American Crafts rub-ons for the months and also the letters on the tabs. Each month has a different patterned paper theme (all from a DCWV paper stack I got for dirt cheap at Michael's).
Now, I can write in everyone's birthday and can always have a heads-up for making cards! This thing is really going to come in handy and, once I actually write the bdays in, I won't have any excuses for forgetting!

No comments:

Post a Comment