PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I haven't made anything today but I'll share some things I've done over the weekend.
First up- a card to go with a matching thank you card set I'm giving to a friend getting married.


I really love that car stamp set from Papertrey Ink!
Supplies:
Cardstock- Papertrey Ink (Stamper's Select White, Rustic White)
Patterned Paper- American Crafts
Ink- Stampin Up! (Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery), Versamark (Champagne Dazzle), StazOn black
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Other: Ribbon, Pearls

Unfortunately, this next layout looks pretty washed out. I don't really have a spot in the house that gets direct sunlight so I took it outside and WOAH! it was too bright.
Anyway, this page is VERY simple. I usually feel uncomfortable with a lot of embellishments so I tend to shy away from them and most of the time, I'm glad I do. I like to let the pictures do most of the talking. My favorite part of this page is the symmetry.


There are a few touches that you probably can't see from this photo that I think really added a lot. First, I used a green copic to fill in the line around the blue of the page. It helps to unify the green dot and bring out the green in the pattern. Also, the cut circles are all dry embossed with an argyle type impression plate which also brings in the pattern from the background. Like I said, though, not a lot on this page but it works somehow.

Thanks a lot for looking, I'll be back tomorrow with a couple cute cards and some more layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment