PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Whew, I'm back!

Sorry for being SO quiet last month- I'm finally home, settled in, and getting back to crafting! We've been getting into the holiday spirit around here with decorating, baking, and shopping- and I've opted to do a December Daily this year. I'm taking more of a loose approach- I won't organize it by day as we don't do something Christmasy EVERY day, but I'll be sure to capture the important things like our family traditions. I'm already late to the party as we're already a week into December, but I'm hoping to catch up this weekend. Today, I finished the cover to give me a little more motivation to get crackin'.


Nothing too fancy, but simple and clean- just my style. I wanted to make sure I didn't layer too much, that way it will be able to sit next to other albums on a shelf nicely.
I started with a single coat of Modge Podge just to give it a bit of a finished shine, then adhered the Crate paper (my favorite Christmas paper EVER).


I'm not usually big on glitter, but I think it works nicely here and helps tie everything together. (By the way, I'm using the December Daily kit from Studio Calico, plus a lot of other bits and pieces I ordered online).
I'd probably have a little more of this album done if it weren't for this other project I've been working on...

This is the Silhouette Advent calendar (sorry, they're sold out now!) and it was so much fun to put together! I just started going for it without much of a plan, putting together boxes as I had time. I used mostly American Crafts' Hollyday line for this, as well as Pebbles Welcome Christmas and Crate's Peppermint. I love how it came together. The best part about this, though, is that since I have all the templates for the boxes on my computer now, I can change this up every year if I want to! Now to fill it with goodies...
Well friends, thanks for stopping by and being patient with my infrequent posts. I promise- I'm back and will post more often now!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love your sb-ing style and can't wait to see your dd pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your DD cover and the advent calendar!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your DD cover and your advent calendar is stunning! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the advent calendar! I would love to make one of those....one of these years lol.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cover came out gorgeous. Love the silver glitter...and your advent calendar makes me want to do one too...beautiful! Well, maybe next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cover! I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your DD cover. The silver glitter looks great against the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these projects! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really caught my eye in my blog reader. You have a wonderful wonderful cover. I love your advent too. Super nice!

    ReplyDelete