PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Monday, July 4, 2011

My 4th of July Weekend

The base put on a 4th of July event on Saturday so we spent some time enjoying all the activities, eating, and hearing some good music.
First, we put Luke on the toddler roller coaster. I was nervous he'd try to climb out while it was moving but he rode like a champ and enjoyed it a lot!

Then we decided to grab some cotton candy. Turns out, Luke wasn't too keen on it. Go figure. His face is hilarious:I think he just didn't like how it stuck to his fingers. Then, we rode the Ferris wheel.

He really didn't care about it. He mostly just wanted to walk around inside it.
Then, it was time for some food that is TERRIBLE for you- chili cheese fries and hot dogs. Mmmm.

Luke watched the bumper cars with interest so we thought, hey, why not?


Well, this is why not:

Scared the hell out of the poor guy. =( Lesson learned.

So, we cheered him up with some ice cream. He went to town! Ate the whole thing, too!

Then we laid out our blanket and waited for the fireworks! He oooh'd and aaah'd and pointed at them, said, "AWESOME!" and had a giant smile on his face. All in all, it was a good day!

I also got some scrappin' time in this weekend with my first 8.5" x 11" page. I recently bought these buttons from Ormolu (you can find them here: 2-Day Hooray buttons) and created the page around them. I love how it turned out! I'll definitely be buying another set of these guys.

There's also some American Crafts, October Afternoon, Pebbles, and Studio Calico in there.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Such cute pics! And I looove that layout, I have some stuff on order from Ormolu, can't wait. I didn't order those buttons, but I think I will be ordering again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your little guys expressions!! too cute :o) and gorgeous layout! love those button, will be checking them out for sure.. have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love candy floss... tell Luke, next time I'll feed him so he doesn't have to touch it. LOL... love his expression!

    ReplyDelete