PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Monday, October 10, 2011

Poorman's Ribbon Organizer

Hi everyone! Today is my birthday- the big 2-5! So far I've had an amazing breakfast made by my husband- potatoes o'brien, sausage, eggs, and toast, complete with a candle and birthday song, I'm going to Ikea in a hot minute to get some things to better organize my scrap room, and then I get to come home and spend the rest of the night in here making some more pretty things. It's going to be a good day!
Sorry I've been quiet lately, I've been working on a lot of pages and projects lately but nothing I can show you quite yet- hopefully sometime this week though! I've also been doing a lot of homework. I'm taking an introductory drawing course and have been learning about still-life drawings- here's my latest assignment:

Not too bad for never really being a drawer I'd say! I know there are a lot of graphic designers that don't draw or never took any drawing classes, so I hope getting better in this aspect will help me tremendously later and maybe give me a slight edge. It has been challenging but fun so far!
And, I've gotten a start on better organizing my scrap space. I'm really bad about using product I have if I can't see it. Right now, most everything is divided into large categories and put into bins on my expedit shelves. It works to keep things uncluttered, but I rarely feel like digging around to find something that will work on a page. So, I've decided to add some drawer units in here to help me further classify items and I feel like drawers will be easier to rummage through than bins. I started on getting my ribbon out of bins first, and my solution was this easy ribbon rack.
I used two curtain rod hangers that I had laying around the house and then strung my ribbon rolls onto a dowel rod.
It bows slightly without a support in the middle but I think I've accomplished my goal- the ribbon is out of the bin, I can see it all, and it's easy to pull out whatever length in whatever color I need. And for $1.59, you can't beat it! I still have about 15 rolls of ribbon that don't quite fit so I'm going to have to pick up another dowel rod to hang another below this. I also have some clips from Ikea that will hang from the second one to hold loose ribbon I've acquired.
And lastly, I have a page up at the Pebbles blog today, make sure you check it out! Here's a little sneak peek-


Well friends, it's Ikea time! I'll be back tomorrow with some more projects to share!

4 comments:

  1. That page is adorable! Love your ribbon display too, it's cute and funtional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful drawing and happy happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I want one! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete