PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Out with the old...

...so I have room for the new! I'm making it a point this week to use up my Memoir and Autumn Press lines from Studio Calico, so I can justify buying any new lines that I fall in love with after CHA. I'm guilty of hoarding a lot of papers I love and for some reason, when they're in collection packs they tend to stay that way. Actually, I might have forgotten I had them until I went looking for something else last weekend...
Anyway, I pulled together the "baby" colors out of each of those lines and came up with this page:


These pictures are too funny but heartbreaking at the same time. Those clippers really scared the heck out of poor Luke! It was a really stressful outing and we dread having to take him to get his hair cut because it's still the same. (You should see his hair right now, it's crazy long.)
I used the brads on the title after seeing this cute tutorial on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog:
http://scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepad.com/scrapbook_cards_today_blo/2012/01/have-a-brad-or-two-in-your-stash-have-a-look.html. Love this idea and will definitely be using it again!
I'm also trying to stick with a New Year's resolution I made for myself this year and that is to use up as much of the "old" items in my stash as possible. The buttons on this page part of that- they are Cosmo Cricket from the Joyride line. That's pretty old, right? I'll be sneaking old things onto each and every page this year *fingers crossed I keep up with it* in an effort to declutter.
Did you make any crafty resolutions? Are you keeping up with them?

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie!
    And a cute layout!!
    The only scrap resolution I have is - scrap more, less computer time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful page. Neither of my boys liked the clippers the first time either. As far as scrappy resolutions, mine is only to do it more and so far so good. :)

    ReplyDelete