PhotobucketHomeAbout Me

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

June Project 12 and Cards

Hello again! I've been busy making birthday cards (have a few coming up in August!) so I'll share some with you!This is the first card I did. I used Papertrey Ink's Color Couture paper download for the background on this. I started out only using Orange Zest and Hibiscus but I threw the green in at the last minute and I love these colors paired together.For the next card, I ran back and grabbed these papers randomly and put this one together. I wanted to try the sentiment on a circle and rest came later. I don't like the bunched ribbon- it looks thrown in there. Originally, more of the ribbon showed through so it wasn't so bad but once I started sticking things down I guess I moved over too much. Still a cute color combo though!
The last one is for my sister. I had a pre-cut piece of Hibiscus and thought pink and black was perfect for Whitney. I used a flower center from Beautiful Blooms II and embossed it with black. Papertrey Ink came out with a new notebook paper die and I haven't received mine yet, so I winged it and made my own. I just border punched the top with my EK punch and then, with my Martha scoring board, I scored a line across the top. Super easy!
I made my June layout for Project 12, and of course, the lighting is terrible so the colors are all wonky. Oh well, you get the jist! I used Studio Calico's Continental kit for this one.
I have a layout to share tomorrow. I started it last night and have been trying a few new techniques that I'll show you. I'm using mist on this guy, and now I know why I don't use mist more- I've almost ruined my background paper and will have to try something to cover up my uh-ohs. Frustrating. =)

Supplies:
Birthday Wishes
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper's Select, Hibiscus Burst
Patterned Paper: PTI- Color Couture
Stamps: PTI- Beautiful Blooms II & Up Up & Away
Ribbon: PTI- Simply Chartreuse
Button: PTI- Simply Chartreuse
Other: DMC Floss

Paper Lantern Birthday
Cardstock: PTI
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Abbey Road)
Stamps: PTI- Giga Guide Lines, Vintage Labels, Circles
Chipboard: My Mind's Eye
Ribbon: PTI- Hibiscus
Punch: EK
Other: DMC Floss

Birthday 21
Cardstock: PTI
Stamps: PTI- Beautiful Blooms I & II, Giga Guide Lines
Ribbon: PTI
Chipboard Alphas: American Crafts
Other: Prima Pearls

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the project 12. I would love to start to do this myself! Blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I really love your cards, and the project 12 LO is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl .. your cards are amazing .. love this layout girl .. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, those cards are awesome! love your page...i've been wanting to do the project 12, but i keep forgetting about it. :P

    ReplyDelete