Hi everyone! Sorry for my being so quiet lately, I've been working on a lot of quilting projects still. I now have 6 quilt tops that need put together, just waiting on my thread to arrive in the mail so I can get going on them! I will also be debuting my etsy shop soon so I'm working on goodies to fill it up!
Last week on the Pebbles blog we were asked to scraplift a fellow design team member. I chose to lift a page by Sarah Webb who always has the most beautiful embellishment clusters. You can see her original layout on this post and here is what I came up with:
I'm getting so sad that my stash of Fresh Goods has been whittled away... I only have a few scraps left over!
Also, I've been trying really hard to catch back up on Project Life. At the end of January we had a lot going on- two families came to visit us back to back and then we all got sick with the stomach flu so I just didn't have the time. Then from there it just kept getting put on the backburner so when it was time to get back to it I was already four weeks behind. I was also a little weary about posting it here because well, let's be honest, PL is everywhere already. I'm not doing anything earth-shattering here- this is for my family to be able to look back on in a few years, not so much a gallery project. But, I figured I may as well, because occasionally I may have something fun to show.
Here are my first two (and only) fully completed weeks.
I decided that this is a really good way to use up supplies, so rather than have an underlying theme throughout my album, I'm choosing a scrapbook line for each spread. I have a lot of 6x6 pads that need some love, along with a lot of collection packs that need broken into so this works out really well for me!
Week 2 uses some old OA, Thrift Shop, I think.
I'm also getting a lot of use out of my Silhouette!
Next, I wanted to show you how I'm catching up. I emailed myself all of my cell phone photos and then sifted through my memory card from my camera to find all the photos I wanted to use. Since I'm using the Type A page protectors, I randomly resized my photos to either 4x6 or 3x4 not really worrying about what slot they'd go in. (If I needed to change it, I reprinted later). Then, I wrote the date on the back of each photo.
Then, I filled my album with a bunch of empty page protectors. Going through each two page spread, I labeled a sticky note with that week's date range.
Then I started putting my photos in according to their corresponding dates. Since I pre-labeled, it was really easy and fast.
At this point, I found that some of my weeks had only a little bit going on, so I decided that rather than try to fill a million slots with randomness, I'd dedicate only one page to them. I moved the stickies around and started being more particular with where my photos were going.
In under fifteen minutes, I had all my photos in place, ready for embellishment!
Now I'm in the process of finding the paper I want to use for each spread. Even though I may have two separate weeks facing each other, I plan on using the same line or color scheme just to make this part a bit easier. Once I choose them, I start cutting them down to fit the empty spaces, pop my journaling cards in where I want them and then begin figuring out what extras I want to add.
I think I actually prefer this batch method to doing a single week at a time. This way, I can also write down which Silhouette shapes I want to find, make, or use and can cut several at a time. I can also throw my notes for the happenings that week into an empty slot until I get to finishing it- this way I don't forget anything if I happen to take a little longer than usual to get them done!
I'll be working on filling the rest of the weeks up shortly, so I'll be back to share those eventually.